<< Back to Accommodation
An ideal getaway for romantics of all ages; tranquility and peace is the order of the day in The Old Piggery. Cosy all year round, the stone former piggery, built in 1889, has solar power for electricity during daylight hours, a wood burning stove and efficient central heating. Snuggle up on a comfy sofa by the log burner on cool evenings, or share a bottle of wine by the lake on a warmer one. Sumptuous pure wool duvets from Devon, and lovely fresh line-dried cotton linen together with thick fluffy towels all add to you being embraced in warm luxury. There are two tranquil bedrooms, one king and one twin, plenty of storage in each and a fabulous walk-in shower.
Reflecting the special nature of the Kerswell Farm environment, all furnishings are natural and in soft, muted and restful colours. Everything has been sourced locally to support the local community – fabrics, furniture, bedding and linen, even the art on the walls is all by local artists sharing their love for North Devon in their works. A selection of home-made and local produce and a Devon cream tea will be waiting for you…
Your four-legged friend(s) are also very welcome at Kerswell Farm, and will be warmly greeted by our resident handsome shaggy lurcher, Ralph. The Old Piggery has its own private driveway, small enclosed garden and 20 very varied acres of grounds to explore, including an orchard where you are welcome to help yourself to apples in season. There are plenty of places to walk, fenced areas on the property and many lovely walks in the surrounding countryside. If you have a dog, we’ll share Ralph’s favourites with you. Dog towels are provided, and a warm dog shower for rinsing off mud and sand after a busy day out. Doggy treats also await your arrival!
We’ll be around if you need us, but will also respect your privacy. If there is anything that you find you need, any questions, local maps and knowledge or something you have forgotten, do please ask and we will help if we can. There is also a shed for you to store any outdoor equipment.
Some people like to potter in a well-equipped kitchen on holiday, creating dishes from local produce, but many don’t. If you fall into the latter category, we can either provide tasty meals cooked in the farmhouse for you to heat up in your cottage and enjoy a relaxing evening in after a busy day out, or we can recommend many local places to eat. More information in ‘Eating In and Out’. We’ve put in a Nespresso machine so that you can enjoy delicious coffee, including a few pods to get you started – if you bring some with you, they must be Nespresso or compatible. There’s a BBQ with pizza stone in the garden, with some charcoal provided.
We want our guests to be happy and to know what to expect – because we want The Old Piggery to have a spacious feel we haven’t been able to fit in a dishwasher or a washing machine. We’re happy to wash and dry any clothes for our guests (just bring us your laundry bag) and we’ve provided lovely tea towels for a satisfying washing-up experience!
Sleeps four. One king-size room & one twin room. Sorry, no children.
Prices for the whole Old Piggery. Minimum three night stay. Weekly changeover day is Saturday but may be flexible on request.
Please call us or check the calendar for specific prices and availability
High season (June-August)
From £800 to £900 per week
Mid-season (April, May, September)
From £550 to £800 per week
Low season (October-March)
From £450 to £550 per week
Christmas and New Year 2019
Three nights – £693, seven nights £1,050
- Welcome pack including local milk, butter, home-baked bread, tea, coffee, eggs, wine and snacks
- Flexible changeover dates, three nights minimum stay. Weekly changeover day is Saturday. We'll fit in with you if we can
- Bedlinen and towels – please bring beach towels. Full change after week one for two-week stays
- Meals prepared for you on request – see Eating In and Out page for ideas
- Peace and quiet in cosy comfort
- Central heating & electricity
- Devon cream tea on arrival
- Cakes baked to order
- Small selection of kitchen essentials, oil, stock pots, salt, pepper etc
- Nespresso machine with starter pods
- Basket of logs for wood-burner, further logs available at a small cost
- Wi-fi connection. Due to our location, speed is not great, but it works!
- TV and DVD player, DVD library
- Hairdryer in each bedroom
- BBQ with charcoal to get you going
- Laundry – there’s no washing machine in The Old Piggery, so essential washing gladly done for you in the Farmhouse
- Warm dog shower and towel